|Hep C results clarification
Mar 6, 2011
I keep having the HCV RNA Qnt Real-Time PCR test performed every 6 months since being treated for HepC with Ribavarin and Interferon and it keeps coming up with "Not detected". Does this mean that there is no trace of the virus?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Most likely. This result is also referred to as a sustained viral response (SVR), but it is important to continue having viral load surveillance for a while to see whether a viral rebound has occurred.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hairy Tongue After Topping Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Biting Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Shingles After Touching A Bloody Scab Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.