AIDS and life expectancy

I was diagnosed with AIDS (and PCP) in July 2010. I had a viral load over 178,000 and a CD4 count of 38. I am currently taking Prezista, Norvir, Isentress and Truvada and my CD4 count is 156 with a viral load around 1000. Since I started treatment late in my infection, and I am certain it has been more than 10 years if not longer, I was wondering what is a reasonable life expectancy for me. I have read that 3 to 5 years is to be expected once AIDS has been confirmed and other sources have said longer. Any information will be appreciated. I know that it varies depending on the person's life style and other health factors. Thank You

The 3-5 years figure was based on natural history studies done a long time ago where people had little to no HIV treatment. So that is the worse case scenario. Now with effective HIV treatment people such as yourself have recovered their immune system sufficiently to reset the clock by many many years. The life expectancy question is difficult to answer as it depends on many factors (underlying genetics, other medical problems) other than HIV infection.

test
Still detectable after relatively low viral load?