Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Would Goji berry juice have contributed to the drastic jump in my CD4 count?
Feb 13, 2011

I was diagnosed with HIV 5 years ago. Since then, my CD4 count has ranged between 50 and 650. In late September 2010, my labs showed a CD4 count of 449. In late October/early November, my parents gave me several bottles of Goji berry juice and told me to try it out because it was supposed to have beneficial effects on the immune system. I already take vitamins daily, so I figured I'd give it a try. I went in for labs again last week, and just got my numbers back: CD4 is 814, and still undetectable. This is the highest my CD4 count has been since diagnosis 5 years ago. Would the Goji berry juice have anything to do with it?

Response from Dr. Holodniy

Hard to know. I am not aware of any clinical trials in HIV to answer the question.

Previous
also entinostat....
Next
Colonoscopy frequency?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.