Will a cure exist in our life time?
Feb 6, 2011
It's been 30 years or so since H.I.V/Aids has been around. I just have one question: Does anyone believe that a cure is possible in our life time and why?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Cure of those already infected is unlikely given the fact that HIV is integrated into the human genome and so would have to be removed and purged from every human infected cell. Control of infection as we see already and prevention of infection through medications or a vaccine are becoming a reality.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Lymph Nodes Be The Only Symptoms After 8 Weeks?
- Can Rash Appear After 3 Months Exposure?
- Hiv Risk After Prostitute Had Oral Sex With Man
- Is There An Immediate Notification If Positive HIV Test Result?
- What Generation Of HIV Test Does The Military Use?
- When Does Ars Occur And How Long Does It Last?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.