Feb 6, 2011
I had a baseline VL in the 90,000s. After 17 weeks of treatment, I'm at 185. Is this concerning that I'm not UD yet?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate what your baseline and current CD4 count/percent is. Some times it does take up to 6 months to get to undetectable, and that depends on what your starting CD4 count (baseline immune function/status) is, HIV treatment regimen, adherence levels to the regimen, and whether your virus had any evidence of HIV drug resistance among other factors.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sinus Infection An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Dizziness After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Groin Pain After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.