Drastic drop of CD4 count

Dear Dr, I am from Malaysia. My CD4 count on July 2010 was 539 (VL not done, CD4% not done) and my recent CD4 count on December 2010 is 78. Do you think is possible? The HIV specialist in our goverment hospital said it might be a false result? Do you think it is so? I am healthy, not sick, lung clear, no diaherra as well. Thank you.

I agree with the doctor. Although a viral load would be interesting to know, in that, if the viral load is very low (say < 1,000) then this is definitely a mistake. On the other hand, if your viral load is > 1 million, then it could be possible with an aggressive strain of HIV.

Acute HIV - Immune Response
newly diagnosed with hiv but no viral load