Drastic drop of CD4 count
Jan 30, 2011
Dear Dr, I am from Malaysia. My CD4 count on July 2010 was 539 (VL not done, CD4% not done) and my recent CD4 count on December 2010 is 78. Do you think is possible? The HIV specialist in our goverment hospital said it might be a false result? Do you think it is so? I am healthy, not sick, lung clear, no diaherra as well. Thank you.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I agree with the doctor. Although a viral load would be interesting to know, in that, if the viral load is very low (say < 1,000) then this is definitely a mistake. On the other hand, if your viral load is > 1 million, then it could be possible with an aggressive strain of HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does Chlamydia Last After Treatment?
- What Kind Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat?
- What Stds Causes Penis Irritation?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.