Neurosyphilis Treatment Failure

I was treated for neurosyphilis in May 2009. At one year tests indicated possible treatment failure and a second round of treatment was done. Last week I was informed that treatment had failed again. I will be seeing my doctor this Friday in a chronically overburdened and underfunded public clinic in rural South Carolina. I have not been sexually active since my treatment in 2009 so this is not a new infection. Is there anything that can/should be done to treat this more aggressively? Can I expect the need for treatment periodically? Or does this signify that there is nothing that will cure the neurosyphilis and I need to prepare accordingly for further sight loss, neurological deterioration, etc.

It is hard to assess what is going on without knowing the actual results of the lab tests that allegedly indicate that treatment has failed.

Long term effects of meds
Question about vaccines