Viral Load Undetectable on Meds and CD4 declining
Jan 16, 2011
I have been HIV+ for 2 years, and am currently on Atripla. No health issues to date. My CD4 was initially 290 (2 years ago), as of October 2010 my CD4 was 587.
Last friday I received a full physical. Today I was advised that I'm undetectable, no stds or anything. However, my CD4 is now 387. Should I be concerned?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Given that your viral load is undetectable, probably not. The CD4 count can vary for a variety of reasons. It is likely that your CD4 percent has not changed significantly. So, I would not ce concerned.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dizziness After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- CAN I GET MONO FROM ORAL SEX?
- Can Other Blood Work Tell You If You Have Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.