more on log10 copies

Hi. I lost my insurance, and do not qualify for ADAP. Am searching for insurance that I can afford that includes prescriptions. In the meantime, my baseline is 40, since being off meds, my cd4 has dropped to 150, VL is 460,000 My question is regarding my Log10 copies. In Aug 10, the VL was 240,000 w/ 5.38 log10 copies.CD4 was 174. Now in Dec 10, the Vl jumped to the 460,000 with 5.67 log10 copies. CD4 fell to 156. My labs say to be "significant" the change in log10 should be at least 0.5 In that my change is only .29. What does "significant" mean? significant = no big deal?? Confused. Thank god the lab is letting me pay installments. I am also able to buy septra to protect from PCP. But labs get confusing... especially since I am watching my immune system deplete itself. Currently am not symptomatic only tired. Wish me luck in getting some insurance.

Although those are both high viral load values, there is no significant difference, either by copy number or log copy number. Significant changes in viral load are usually defined as those greater than 3 fold or 0.5 log, up or down. Good luck on the insurance issue.

Alkaline Phosophate
anion gap