cd4 between 600 and 900 and

hi may cd4 varies between 600 to 950. i was diagnosed 2008 October. since diagnosed my viral load as been undetectable. i am not on meds and i am 18 weeks pregnant. i was meant to go on meds at 12 weeks but with my labs my doctor postponed the decision for 26 weeks. my ob thinks i don't need meds at all my gp says i do just to be on the safe side. i for one want to know what you think given my condition? and is it normal for someone to remain undetectable for so long? both my doctors are shocked. no symptoms and i am health as a rock.

If you were not pregnant, the guidelines would suggest that HIV treatment in someone like you is probably not indicated at this time. Although the likelihood of transmission to the fetus is much lower in a women with an undetectable viral load, to maximize prevention of HIV transmission, it would be prudent to be on HIV treatment during the remainder of the pregnancy.

Lymphocytosis, Neutropenia and HIV
CD4=10, PCP, CMV, collapsed lungs, mouth cancer - life expectancy?