Dec 12, 2010
Hi, I'm 34 wks pregnant, undetectable vl. We've been wondering if it is possible to do cord blood banking for our future baby (living in Europe) and if it is indeed done on Hiv+ mothers. I have been looking around but most of the info i find dates back a few years ago, is there anything new in relation to this and Hiv? Thanks!
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Great question. Unfortunately I am not aware of whether such programs are available in Europe.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long After Exposure Does It Take Hiv To Show Up In Blood Test?
- What Is A Good Viral Load And T-cell Count For Someone With Hiv?
- Are Nose Bleeds A Symptom Of Hiv?
- Can I Know If I'm Hiv Positive After 2 Weeks Of Infected?
- Will A Shot Get Rid Of My Chlamydia?
- What Are The Long Term Effects Of Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.