Dec 12, 2010
is it not possible that as one takes anti rotroviral drugs the virus get to die?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Partially true. Ongoing replication of the virus stops for the most part with HIV treatment, but a form of the virus continues to exist inside blood and other cells that maintains the infection. that's why HIV treatment is effective at stopping the virus from multiplying but not getting rid of these cells that contain the virus in them.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Catch HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Ear Infection After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.