Dec 12, 2010
is it not possible that as one takes anti rotroviral drugs the virus get to die?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Partially true. Ongoing replication of the virus stops for the most part with HIV treatment, but a form of the virus continues to exist inside blood and other cells that maintains the infection. that's why HIV treatment is effective at stopping the virus from multiplying but not getting rid of these cells that contain the virus in them.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is White Tongue An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Hiv Transmission Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Period Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.