cd4 count steep drop. HELP!

Hello Dr. Thank you for taking my question. I was infected and diagnosed with HIV in May 2010. At that time I had a RNA VL of 7 Million. I was retested for my cd4 count and viral load and it came back cd4 423, cd% 20, viral load 523,255. I then retested in July 2010 and it came back cd4 617, cd% 24, viral load 57,065.

But then in November 11, 2010 I retested and my results were cd4 471, cd% 21, viral load 51,059. What has changed since July until now is I have been more depressed, and I have not been taking care of myself (drinking, smoking, not eating right, isolated)

I need to be retested once again in four weeks, and I am back on the road of good health. WIll my cd4 count and % go back up? or will I be starting treatment soon??

Hope to hear from you soon.

Hard to say where your numbers will end up, as you are still within 6 months of acute infection and in the early stage of HIV infection. My guess is your numbers will be close to your November numbers, as your viral load looks like it is stabilizing around 50,000, in which case, many experts would recommend starting HIV treatment.

Starting Medication
Viral Load down, CD4 Down as Well