Previously thought to be a controller

Dr Holodniy, I was diagnosed in 2003, with a negative test a year before. First CD4 was 732 and VL only 64. CD4 count after has been between 650, 530,605, 490, 520. VL has been undetectable most of the time, just one blip of 94 copies. My last test was 1 week before, and my VL still undetectable and CD4 is 414 (21%), last percentage was 25% 6 months ago. I was convienced I was not going to need meds. I do not why my CD4 count is dropping despite of being undetectable. Would starting HAART prevent my CD4 count to continue dropping?. Do I need to start HAART right now?

Perhaps. You don't indicate what your CD4% was for all those other CD4 counts. If you were in the 20-25% range all along, then maybe not. On the other hand, if your CD4% was in the 25-35% range and is now 21% and 414, then despite an undetectable viral load, you are losing CD4 cells and starting HIV treatment may be required.

Relation Viral Load & Reservoirs
Elevated liver enzymes pre-HIV and pre-meds