Relation Viral Load & Reservoirs
Nov 14, 2010
Hi Dr. Mark i have a doubt. What is the relation between the viral load and the size of the reservoirs. For example, i have a very low viral load (around 600 copies/ml with out treatment and 560 CD4/mm3). It means that the size of my reservoirs is small? or its just that my inmune system is figthing well?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Both your answers are true. You have less virus, and virally infected cells, and your immune system is better at controlling ongoing viral replication and infection of uninfected cells.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anal Warts After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.