Flu vaccine after starting therapy

Good morning. I started Atripla on 27/10 with high viremia (>200.000). My next exams are planned for 26/11. Can I take the flu vaccine next week, or is better to wait after the first exams (cause I read that it can raise up a bit the viremia)? Thanks a lot!

Great question. You always have to balance the importance of getting vaccines with the possibility that they could affect your viral load numbers. Vaccines are more likely to affect viral load in those NOT on HIV treatment. There is no right answer here. You'd be about 10-14 days out after receiving the vaccine when you get your viral load, but it could still affect the viral load. That will be balanced by a significant decline in viral load from the Atripla. To avoid any confusion, you could wait until 11/26 to get your shot.

HIV timeline
Living With HIV & Without Meds