Nov 14, 2010
I have a question. I contracted HIV from my ex husband. We were married for 7 years. I did not find out I had HIV until six months after we divorced. He passed away that same year from Lymphoma. He never took meds. Does this mean that I will get Lymphoma as well? I was put on HIV meds about two years later and seem stable. But not knowing I had it for 7 years scares me.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Unlikely that you will get lymphoma. Lymphoma would not occur as a result of you getting HIV infection from someone who was HIV infected and had lymphoma. It usually has to do with someone's underlying immune system suppression as a result of HIV infection or something else and their underlying genetics.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Timeline From Infection To Diagnosis For HIV
- Bloody Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.