Viral load spike because of alchol,antibiotics, and imunization
Nov 7, 2010
Hi,I had labs results read to me and to my surprise my viral load went up from 150 to 300 and my CD4 count, went down from 305 to 260. I Only been in treatment 4 month and it seemed that therapy was working worried here. I have not missed a dose of medecine. But I have not been eating properly and I been drinking heavely on the weekends for the last two months, could that be the cause? Also I had a flu shot and was on Zitromax before the labs were drawn.Could all this be the problem? Also I have labs in four weeks is there anything I can do to help?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Take your medications as prescribed every day, and stay away from heavy alcohol intake. You will likely see a turn around on your next set of labs.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bloody Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Small Amount Of Vaginal Fluid Transmit Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.