Nov 7, 2010
I was recently was diagnosed with HIV/AIDS and started on medication. In the last threeo weeks I have developed severe joint pain and stiffness in my hands. Could this related to the HIV and/or the medication?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate what your CD4 count was before starting, which HIV meds they are, or whether you had any ongoing infections or medical problems prior to starting treatment. In general, your symptoms would not be the result of starting most HIV med combinations.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Meaning Chlamydia Igg Test Positive?
- What Effects Does Syphilis Have On Sterility And Infertility?
- Took Antibiotics As Prescribed For Chlamydia And Still Have Symptoms
- Things That Look Like Herpes But Are Not
- Symptoms Of Herpes In The Vagina
- Symptoms Of Genital Herpes The Day After Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.