good results or not?

Good morning, I found out to be hiv+ on May 2010, and I started medication with Atripla on Aug 2 2010. The values on the 02/08/2010 where: viral charge: 28800 c/ml and cd4 295 , 25% The first checkup I did on the 01/09/2010 and the results where: Viral charge 512 cd4 550 cell/mm3 , 27% The second one was on the 14/10/2010 and my results where Viral charge 250 the cd4 477 , 30% ( some days prior to the exams I had influenza with fever and cough) I would like to ask your opinion on how my therapy is going so far, because according to my doctor is not going well at all. She Says that if for the 5th or 6th month from the start of the therapy I'm not under 50 copies, I need to change therapy. My adherence has been so far of 100% and for the resistence tests I did at the beginning have not shown any resitence. According to you after 2 months and a half of therapy I should have expected better results? And if it is the case of having a second opinion, or changing my doctor. Thank you.

I disagree with her assessment. I think your response after 2 1/2 months is terrific. Given your current downward trajectory of viral load there is no reason to believe that it won't be undetectable by the next test.

ARV's
Joint pain