|elite controllers' cd8 count ?
Oct 31, 2010
Dr, if a high cd8 count is the body's natural reaction to fighting and controlling the virus, do most ( or all ) elite controllers maintain a very high cd8 count, or at least one consistently higher than their cd4 count ? ( absent any medications, of course..)
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
In general, they maintain a normal or slightly higher CD8 count. However, the function of these cells is increased and more efficient than those with HIV infection whose virus is not in control or is controlled by HIV meds.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Pubic Lice If You Have No Pubic Hair?
- Is Stringy Vaginal Discharge A Side Effect From Provera?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.