elite controllers' cd8 count ?
Oct 31, 2010
Dr, if a high cd8 count is the body's natural reaction to fighting and controlling the virus, do most ( or all ) elite controllers maintain a very high cd8 count, or at least one consistently higher than their cd4 count ? ( absent any medications, of course..)
Response from Dr. Holodniy
In general, they maintain a normal or slightly higher CD8 count. However, the function of these cells is increased and more efficient than those with HIV infection whose virus is not in control or is controlled by HIV meds.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can A Person Get Hepatitis From Oral Sex?
- Severe Vaginal Bleeding After Lifting
- Accuracy Of 5 Weeks Hiv Test Using 4th Generation Duo
- Can Animals Give You Stds?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.