|Pregnancy and HIV
Oct 24, 2010
Being pregnant, 18 weeks, I did IFA and Western blot tests - both positive. CPR results show CD4 - 593, CD8 - 715. ALL my sexual partners (3) have negative results. How can I be +? My doctor says, she had cases when such results showed a specific reaction on pregnancy, and after labour everything was back to normal. How can it be?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
It would be very unlikely to have a false positive western blot test. What was the HIV viral load result?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anal Warts After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Protected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Condom Slipped Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.