Confusing labs in short period

Hello Doc and thank you again. I was previous vl=undetectable and cd4=428 in may '10. Then lab results of vl=7600 cd4=408 on sept 09,2010. Performed another viral load test 2 weeks later sept 23rd,2010 which showed vl=undetectable. Liver tests normal. Had to give 2nd samples of blood to the lab cause they damaged 1st one. I'm confused since i've had good adherence and never skipped a dose. The only thing i changed was stopped drinking, stopped working out, stopped sex cause i was in emotional limbo. I also started taking my meds exactly on the hr instead of within 2hrs. I had recently started taking generic viagra pills prior to the bad test results ,which i stopped taking completely for that 2 weeks period. Is it something in the generic viagra or God or messed up lab facility? This is in Massachusets, USA not some third world country. PLEASE help me understand how these labs are possible?

From what you describe, I would suggest that you are likely still undetectable and the one viral load of 7,600 was a fluke, for what ever explanation.

re: Good Results (but odd cd4% I think)
If VL isundetectable and I take an HIV test, do I test HIV positive?