re: Good Results (but odd cd4% I think)

Here's my original question Dear Dr,

I was diagnosed in Sept 09 with a CD4 of 392 and vl of 12 500. I had a negative test in 0ct 08 so it was a reasonably new infection.

In August 2010 my numbers dropped to cd4 261 %16 and vl stayed similar at 28 000 and I started treatment.

My 4 week results are as follows: cd4 497, vl 560 (i forgot to ask for the percentage)

I understand this is a good response I have a coupleof questions.

1) can i expect to be undetectable next time round 2) I understand there is an initial steep rise in CD4 then a gradual rise. Is there are chance that this first result is artificially high?

Thanks a lot

p.s. I am on Atripla

---------------

In september 2010 i had cd4 289 and 26% and then cd4 261 and 16% (3 weeks later!) the % that corresponds with then cd4 497 is 26%. Is it not weird for this to bounce about by 10 % points. What kind of absolute count would you expect to see for a % of 26?

Many thanks

1. Almost certainly, as long as you continue to take your meds as prescribed. 2. In most cases, you are correct. Given the CD4 count of 497 and 26%, I would expect that to be real, as the CD4% around a CD4 count of 500 should be about 25-30%.

Lab numbers, medication?
Confusing labs in short period