cd4 %

Hi, I was diagnosed in APRIL 2008 WITH A vl OF 4,587 AND A cd 4 COUNT OF 247. now my numbers are VL 0, cd4 732 and I am doing really well on this combo of truvada, norvir and reyataz.My question is , how important is the CD4% count as it does not figure on the lab results. My doctor said they only do a % count if the white blood cell count is at a certain level, maybe to do with hepatitis or similar.Thank you.

In your case it is probably not that necessary to know the percent. However, CD4 counts tend to bounce around for a variety of reasons and the CD4 percent tends to be a more stable number over time. That's why I like to have both numbers so I can follow what is going on with a patient better over time.

Cd4 count
PCR TEST REDUCTION