Oct 10, 2010
Ok HCV RT-PCR Quant (non-Graph) Hapatitus C Quantitation 2,631,760 HCV Log10 6.420
Liver: AST (SGOT) 28 (told this was good) and ALT(SGPT) 24 (told this was good)
what do the first two reading indicate as far as my level of infection?
Thank you very much
Response from Dr. Holodniy
They express the same amount of virus in the blood but using different mathematical principles. That viral load is about average for people chronically infected with HCV. It doesn't say much about the liver disease itself which requires additional testing in order to determine whether treatment is indicated or not.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Antibiotic Is Given To Aids And Hiv Patients?
- How Often Do You Get Canker Sores With Hiv?
- Is Thrush An Early Symptom Of Hiv?
- What Causes Esophageal Candidiasis?
- In The Earliest Stage Of Hiv Infection Can Symptoms May Be Mistaken For The Flu
- Can The Use Of Lubricants Containing Nonoxynol-9 Further Reduce Hiv Risk?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.