Oct 10, 2010
Ok HCV RT-PCR Quant (non-Graph) Hapatitus C Quantitation 2,631,760 HCV Log10 6.420
Liver: AST (SGOT) 28 (told this was good) and ALT(SGPT) 24 (told this was good)
what do the first two reading indicate as far as my level of infection?
Thank you very much
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
They express the same amount of virus in the blood but using different mathematical principles. That viral load is about average for people chronically infected with HCV. It doesn't say much about the liver disease itself which requires additional testing in order to determine whether treatment is indicated or not.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Condom Inside Out Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.