|Risk of Hep C Infection
Oct 3, 2010
Hello, I was involved in unsafe active anal sex with double penetration in late June. I am HIV + and at the time was about to start meds - my T cell count at the time was 220. What are the risks for catching Hep C as I am told it can be sexually transmissable if you are HIV +. If I was tested for the virus, how long is the window period to confirm one way or the other? When I told my GP he tested shortly afterwards and said it all seemed fine but I think he was testing for syphillis. Since then my T cells have gone up to 440 and I am taking Atripla. Thank you so much for your help on a previous occasion!
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You may have to wait up to 6 months.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flaky Skin After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- HIVpain In Penis After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Balls After Touching Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Fisting Worried I Have
- Psoriasis After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.