Are elite suppressors actually cured?
Sep 26, 2010
Have they ever used an extra sensitive viral load test to see if elite non progressors (those who maintain undetectable viral loads without meds) actually have any virus left in their bodies? My understanding is they have tests that can detect as little as one or two virus particle. Has anyone ever done this test on these people? Just curious.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes they have virus that can be measured/detected, which can be found inside circulating blood cells or lymph nodes, but perhaps not detectable in blood plasma.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do Physical Examinations Check For Hiv?
- What Has Caused The Evolution Of Drug-resistant Strains Of Hiv?
- What Can You Use For Burning Vaginal Neuropathy?
- What Kind Of Skin Problems Can You Have If You Have Gonorrhea?
- What Is The Life Span Of A Person Infected With Herpes?
- Can You Get Syphilis With Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.