Are elite suppressors actually cured?
Sep 26, 2010
Have they ever used an extra sensitive viral load test to see if elite non progressors (those who maintain undetectable viral loads without meds) actually have any virus left in their bodies? My understanding is they have tests that can detect as little as one or two virus particle. Has anyone ever done this test on these people? Just curious.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes they have virus that can be measured/detected, which can be found inside circulating blood cells or lymph nodes, but perhaps not detectable in blood plasma.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Piercing?
- Is Flu Symptoms A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Night Sweats A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Tingling Lips After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis B After Vaccine?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.