3rd set of labs, no change, doc says 6 mos is OK for next labs

I was just diagnosed in Mar., 2010 - first labs CD4 950, VL 900, June - CD4 750, VL 900ish, Sept - CD4 1080, VL 900ish - My doctor says that he doesn't think 3 month tests are clinically worthwhile at this point and says I can go to every 6. Would you concur that 9 mos history as a "non-progressor" is a valid "trend" to support 6 months w/o labs? - I'm still educating myself so I really don't know what kind of progression rates are expected...

Your doctor is likely correct. Your CD4 count is well within the normal range and your viral load is quite low. The consistency of the results speaks to the fact that your immune system at this point is able to control the infection fairly well on its own, without the need for meds. So, it's not unreasonable to not relook at your numbers for another 6 months. If the CD4 percent and count begin to drop and the viral load begins to creep up, then you may be looking at going back to every 3 months to determine whether treatment would be started sooner rather than later. I don't think you can say at this point anything further about "nonprogression".

Good Results - soon undetectable?
Are elite suppressors actually cured?