Sep 26, 2010
i have hep c genotype 1a and a viral load of 44670 what does this mean?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
That HCV viral load is relatively low and likely indicates chronic infection, although you don't indicate why the tests were obtained. The genotype is the most common in the US, although can be more difficult to treat than other genotypes.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Vitamins Help With Human Papillomavirus?
- What Kind Of Pain Is Associated With Shingles?
- What Effects Does Syphilis Have On Sterility And Infertility?
- What Does The Discharge From Chlamydia Look Like For Men?
- What Does Chlamydia Do To Your Body?
- What Are The Ways You Can Get Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.