Can a Vaginal bacterial infection lower my T-Cell count?

I currently have HIV and my previous viral load was 1300 with a t-cell count over 651 which was an improvement from my previous blood tests. In a 6 month period my viral load increased to 1600 but my t-cell count dropped to 495. When I took my last blood test I had a vaginal bacterial infection that was diagnosed that same day. My question is whether or not that could be a contributing factor or is my body losing its fight. I should mention that I have not been on medications.

Those two viral load results are essentially the same number and are within the range of assay variation. although that could be a significant drop in CD4 count, I suspect not, and also that your CD4 percent is about the same with both of those CD4 counts, indicating a nonsignificant drop. Although some infections, primarily in the absence of HIV treatment, can result in increased viral load and decreased CD4 counts, I suspect this is not the case here.

blood test
Hep B Surface Ab