Viral Load Spike and Scared

Hi, I tried checking the forums for answers, but I really can't find a similar question.

So I was diagnosed recently July 1 and started Atripla, as a recent sero-converter my virus was over 10 million viral load and the virus had no known resistances. After a month of taking Atripla, my viral load dropped to 4182; then it dropped again (in another month to 1400).

However, this month I took my viral load hoping it to be close to undetectable, and found out that it's back at 4300.

I have not missed any pills and I always take them two hours after I eat. The only thing is that sometimes I take them a little later than usual (I usually take them at 1am) but sometimes at 2am, but I read that Atripla has a long half life so as long as I take them before bed, that's pretty much ok...

My Dr. pretty much says that I may have developed a resistance because I never got a chance to suppress the virus, but I am wondering if it was because I took my pills in different times, or if there may be another cause to it.

Before I saw the Dr., I did notice a small cyst on my lip that could have been caused by Herpes (which I've had for a while even before I was infected with HIV), so I don't know if this would change.

I am very scared that I am running out of options so soon if the virus has started to resist with only three months into the treatment, and I don't know exactly what to make of this. My Dr. said I need a resistance test and another viral load test and that basically, the lab could have been wrong.

Please help

You appear to have been taking your meds correctly and I would not be concerned by a 1-2 hour difference. I do agree with your doctor's plan to repeat the viral load and obtain a resistance test. You have plenty of options left if you have to swap out a med or two. So no worries.

On Atripla 1.5yrs and now Detectable and CD4 decrease
Disapointed in a slowdown in increase of CD4