Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hep B test results
Sep 19, 2010

Hello Doctor: I am a 63 years old Asia male. I first learned I was exposed to Hep B about 16 years ago. Exposed - that was what the doctor said. I am concern on the lab results for the two test of Hep B DNA below. I would greatly appreciate your advice what does these mean? On 2005 I changed medical plan and my new doctor had a tests on the following: Hep B DNA ser QN PCR <100- (IU/mL) Year 2005 2660 Year 2008 127000

Hep B Virus DNA ser/ PLAS PCR <160- (#/mL) Year 2005 5330 Year 2008 286000 The above tests were not done on a yearly basis, just 2005 and 2008.

I also had the following test done on 2005: HepB Sur Ag (viral infec of liver) HepA IgG (viral infec of liver) HepB Sur Ab (immunity to viral infec) HepB Core Ab (exposure to HepB) Anti-Hep C Ab (test for HepC)

Since 2005 I began compiling my lab results . Heres a summary of my latest annual tests : AST 21 (ranged from 20 to 28 during the last 5 years) ALT 22 ( - same - ) Alpha-1-Fetoprotien 2 (ranged from 1.7to2 during the last 3 years)

Lipid Panel: Cholesterol 161 (ranged from 161 to 195 during the last 5 years) Triglyceride 149 (ranged from 100 to 155 during the last 5 years) HDL (good chol) 53 (ranged from 49 to 53 during the last 5 years) LDL (bad chol) 78 (ranged from 78 to 110 during the last 5 years)

My liver ultra sound showed normal but fatty liver.

My yearly check up is due next month. Regarding my Hep B DNA tests, I asked him to test last time but he said no need. I am kind of concern as the numbers got higher from 2005 to 2008. I would greatly appreciate your advice what other tests should I ask my doctor to do? Thank you very much,

Response from Dr. Holodniy

There are no other tests that need to be done.

Previous
What is T-Supressct ?
Next
Cd4 drop

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.