T cell count immediately after acute seroconversion symptoms
Sep 5, 2010
Hi, I recently seroconverted. Had unprotected sex in May, got violently ill in July. Tested neg July 8th however western blot test confirmed viral load of 380,000 and t-cell count of 285. These awful numbers after only 2.5 months? Will my t-cell count go back up after anti-bodies show up? I'm stressed. Thank you for this avenue of communication/information.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes, your CD4 count will go back up, but may not go back up to the normal range (500-1500) without HIV meds.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Currently It Is Estimated That The Longest Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Symptoms Is About How Many Years
- How Long Does It Take To Get Results From A Blood Hiv Test?
- Does Standard Blood Work Test For Hiv?
- How Many People Have Gotten Hiv From Kissing?
- Taking Truvada In The Morning Vs The Evening
- Is Thrush In The Mouth Catchy?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.