Misdiagnosed?

Hi, I was recently diagnosed with HIV. I was shocked, and trying to find out where I went wrong. I felt just fine before my results came back. They preformed a viral load test. The results came back, and the doc said my levels were exstremly high. He would not let me look at my charts, he also asked me of sickle cell, I have never been tested for it but my father carries that trait. I was then retested and sent home with no medication. I now have to wait 6 weeks to be seen and get my results. What do you think doc?

You don't indicate which HIV tests were used for diagnosis and what the meaning of "extremely high" viral load is. That said, given what was explained to you, it sounds like a diagnosis of HIV infection was made. It also does not sound right that he is not letting you look at the results. If this continues to be a problem, obtain copies of all notes and lab reports so you have record of what is going on.

sex without condom
Elevated creatinine 1.6