sex without condom
Aug 29, 2010
my wife and i are both HIV positive and we are both on med (atripla) sometime when having sex the condom Brock.is that not too risk for us.please help with an answer.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Glad you are practicing safe sex. With condom breaks in HIV infected partners, there would always be a small risk of viral transmission between partners, depending on the type of sex (rectal or vaginal), whether blood, trauma, or menstruation was involved, what the viral load of each partner was, among other factors.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Two People Infected With Genital Herpes Make Each Others Herpes Worse?
- Why Can't You Have Sex After Being Treated For Chlamydia?
- What To Use For Shingles On Neck?
- What Specialists Treat Shingles Disease?
- What Medicine Is Used To Cure Gonorrhea?
- What Is A Mild Case Of Shingles Without A Rash?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.