Aug 29, 2010
hcv rna, quantitative real time pcr 10600000 h <43 iu/ml hcv rna, quantitative real time pcr 7.03 h <1.63 log iu/ml
Am I a candidate for treatment? Is my viral load really high and need an intervention? Genotype I, I think.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I assume you mean HCV viral load. Those values mean the same thing, expressed in different mathematical terms. Your viral load is about twice the average. Many factors (not just viral load)contribute to whether HCV treatment should be considered. Should consult with a liver specialist about whether treatment is indicated.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Vagina After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- I Have A Discharge Does That Mean I Have A Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.