Healthy with CD 4 count of 52
Aug 22, 2010
My sister has just been diagnosed with HIV. Her CD4 count results came back at 52. How come she is still healthy at this count? Should she start treatment, which boosters can she take?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Some people are diagnosed with advanced HIV infection never having had any symptoms. She is in that category. She needs to start HIV meds immediately, in order to get her virus under control and her CD4 count increased, so she doesn't develop serious infections.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can An Abnormal Pap Smear Mean Hiv?
- How Long Does Diarrhea Last In The Early Stages Of Hiv?
- Am Iallowed To Work In Hospital With Hepatitis B
- What Do You Do If You Accidentally Inject Yourself With Hiv Needle?
- How Does Hiv Affect The Male Reproductive System?
- Symptoms Of Last Stages Of Aids
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.