|viral load importance?
Aug 22, 2010
I have been hiv since 1997. My cd4 has been over 1100 for many yrs. My viral load has been undetectable for most of those yrs. The last two times I have been tested my viral load is no longer undetectable. My cd4 count has fallen but is still over 1000. Should I be concerned about my viral load? thank you
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate what your viral load is now. If it is just blipping above undetectable versus it's now 10,000 can mean different things. There is no urgency to do something at this point except continuing to monitor.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Balls After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Is Hpv Tested For When Donating Blood?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.