Aug 15, 2010
Is it useful to know the absolute counts and percentages of CD16+56 and CD19 cells on top of the normal CD4 full count.
Their is also another functional assay I'm looking at that can measure the degree of effectiveness of NK cells to destroy infected cells and tumor cells, could this tell me anything of value?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Probably only useful in a research capacity. No one would use these numbers for instance to adjust HIV treatment if the numbers were going up or down.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risks Of Contracting AIDS From Erotic Massage
- Saliva Risk Of Getting HIV
- Does HIV Cause Jock Itch?
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling Lips After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.