|Blip or resistance
Aug 15, 2010
I've been on Atripla for the 15 months and undetectable (<20 c/ml) but my last VL test came back 58 c/ml. I never missed a dose. However I took my pills some nights at midnight, some nights at 1 AM and I think at 2 am a few nights before going to bed. Do you think this might have caused resistance? I read in several places that taking the pills an hour early or late should not make a big difference.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I would not be concerned. This is a blip (likely related to the assay and not you). Just keep doing what you are doing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- HIV Transmission Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Oral Sex On A Woman?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Handjob?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Touching Hemorrhoid?
- Insertive Oral Sex How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Is It Possible To Get AIDS From Blood In Mouth?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.