CD4 trend

Hi Doctor,

I'm having a hard time understanding my labs and hope that you could help me out. I had my first labs done in May 2010 and the results were CD4 425 (25%), VL 19000. I had my second set of labs done in July 2010 and the results were CD4 603 (20%), VL not tested. I'm not on meds. My question is, the CD4 has increased but the percentage has dropped. Should I be very worried? My doc says it's a good trend but I understand that the percentage is a better indicator of disease progression. Please help.

You cannot tell what the trend is, especially without a viral load test. I think you need another set of numbers to know what is going on. Hard for me to believe the CD4% decreased by 5% in 3 months.

Genotype for Hepatitis C
Blip or resistance