|Genotype for Hepatitis C
Aug 15, 2010
I have a friend who has a 350 viral load for hepatitis C. Her doctor told her that was too low to test for a genotype. How high does a viral load have to be in order to test for the genotype? Thank you.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
From a commercial lab standpoint that is probably true. Most labs won't do a genotype test unless the virus is over 1,000 or more.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Licking Vagina
- Do Swollen Lymph Glands Mean I Have Hiv?
- Does Itchy Scrotum Mean I Have AIDS?
- Sore Throat Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.