CD4 count decrease and viral load decrease

Iam currently on second line Hiv treatment and taking a combination Truvada and Aluvia.After noticing that my cd4 count had dropped to 172 from 242 but my viral load has decreased from from about 8000 to about 1500 i took a sensitivity test which showed that i had become resistant to Emtricitabine.I have been advised by my Doctor to continue with my medication since there is no any other medicine to replace emtricitabine which i have become resistant to.Is there any medicine to replace Emtricitabine.

There are likely several options to replace emtricitabine with another one or two HIV meds that your virus is not resistant to. I don't think it's wise to continue with your current regimen and maintaining a detectable viral load will lead to more resistance. You need to get your virus undetectable, and that is not going to happen with your current regimen.

Newly Diagnosed & Afraid
Correlation of VL in semen with VL in blood - and PRPI