Newly Diagnosed & Afraid
Aug 8, 2010
I have this lab repoert and nothing is making sense. They did a Quantitative HIV-1 PCR test. Results: Copies/mL = 257 and LogCopies/mL = 2.41.
What does this mean?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
257 copies and 2.41 log copies are the same thing, but are expressed in different mathematical terms. That result indicates a low positive HIV viral load result.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Where Does Hiv Hide In The Body?
- Can You Get Hep C From Drinking Out Of A Cup Or Eating From Someone's Plate?
- What Are The Chances Of A Man Getting Hiv From A Women?
- Is A Yeast Infection That Wont Go Away Is An Early Symptom Of Hiv?
- Peripheral Neuropathy Gout
- When To Test For Hiv After Exposure?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.