Aug 8, 2010
I was recently dx 2 months ago with HIV-1 and my numbers are good. Not on meds yet,CD4 is close to 800 and viral load around 9,000, however, recently my dentist told me I have Periodontitis. I want to get this treated before its gets bad and want cosmetic work done (braces). Can I still have cosmetic work done given my status and numbers??
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes you can.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Can Hiv Remain Undetected?
- Hiv Testing And Donating Blood
- Will You Contract Hiv By Having Sex With An Hiv Negative Person?
- Can A Man Give A Woman Hiv By Pulling Out Before Ejaculation?
- Can Neuropathy Be Relieved With Ibuprofen?
- Can You Get Hiv Through Contact With A Bloody Cut?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.