Aug 8, 2010
I was recently dx 2 months ago with HIV-1 and my numbers are good. Not on meds yet,CD4 is close to 800 and viral load around 9,000, however, recently my dentist told me I have Periodontitis. I want to get this treated before its gets bad and want cosmetic work done (braces). Can I still have cosmetic work done given my status and numbers??
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes you can.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Genital Warts From A Razor?
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Touching Blood?
- How Soon After Sex Can You Tell If You Contracted An Std?
- Can Lymph Node Discomfort Come And Go?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.