The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I need proof of illness 4 months prior to diagnosis

Aug 1, 2010

I am going through a court case at the moment , about concerns that the doctors already knew I was HIV . However I went to see the GP in England in July 09 and they said I had a chest infection caused by a virus . They gave me nothing for the symptoms a chesty productive cough with flegm and tightness around the chest . I wanted a second opinion and I was told by the other doctor that The infection described by the other doctor was only in my chest cavity and not in my lungs .Again they gave me nothing for the symptoms I was presenting then in July and September . I called on numerous occasions to complain and had the phone put down on me . Could this have been the onset of PCP ? I had these symptoms for five months with varying degrees of severity untill I had to call my own ambulance on that day in december 09 . I need to prove that the illness that I was presenting then in july and september was the same as the illness I was taken into hospital with . A doctor whom didnt examine me seems to think that I had no more than a cold in july and september . But I had PCP in december ? Coincidently there was no contact between me and the surgery then.

Response from Dr. Holodniy

Your symptoms during that time were very nonspecific. Without some more definitive evidence (i.e. sputum culture or diagnostic test) it is difficult to know what could have been causing those symptoms.

Can CD4 come up after PCP (CMV) infection w/CD4=90

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint