is hcv rna quant real time pcr high
Jul 31, 2010
If my hcv rna quant real time pcr is 4240725 and 6.63 is that considered really elevated and cause for concern?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
That is about an average HCV viral load. A viral load level by itself cannot determine the degree of liver damage or need for treatment. You should consult with a liver specialist about whether other tests are indicated at this time.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Transfer Hiv Through Aids Rashes And Bumps?
- Symptoms Of Hiv 1 Vs Hiv 2
- Is Having A Lower Back Pain An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Will Having My Genital Warts Removed Decrease My Chances Of Spreading It?
- When They Do The Hiv Blood Test Do They Also Check For Herpes?
- What Can Cause A False Positive Hpv Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.