poppers use and CD4 decline on treatment?

Dear Dr. One year ago I started taking Atripla, at the time my values were (VL:27000, CD4:310, CD4%:18). At 6 months of treatment my values were (VL:undetectable, CD4:540, CD4%: 34). However the last two test showed a gradual decrease in both CD4 absolute and percentage (at 9 months, VL: undetectable, CD4:510, CD4%28 and at 12 months, VL: undetectable, CD4:460, CD4%:27). Over the past several months, I have been using poppers on my own, several times a week. I just read on this and several websites about potential negative effects of poppers on immune system. My question is; Would you tend to believe that the decrease in CD4 absolute and percentage is due to poppers utilisation (given that my VL remained undetectable)? Second question is: I stopped using poppers last week. Would you think that my CD4 absolute and percentage will increase by my next blood test? Or the damage the poppers might cause is irreparable? I understand that there is not much scientific consensus on poppers use and the effect on the immune system but I would like to get your personal opinion based on experience.

We don't have good controlled studies to answer the question, however many providers have seen these kinds of cases anecdotally. I would bet that your numbers will look better if you stop using poppers or any other recreational drugs.

Is the Virus Load really Undectable?
Yet Another CD4 Test Result Question