Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

CD4 drop viral increase

My CD4 count went from 341 to 238 and my viral load went from undetectable to 23688. My doctor is ordering a genotype. 1. How concerned should I be? 2. Is there anything else I should do? 3. I'm not feeling well, and scared.

You don't indicate whether you are on HIV treatment or not, but it sounds like you are. A genotype test would be the appropriate next step in order to determine whether the virus is resistant to the HIV meds you are taking. There are likely many options for you regarding other HIV meds that you can take after the results of the genotype are back.

vdrl reactive
Is the Virus Load really Undectable?